Copenhagen is wonderful. So wonderful that Danny Kaye even made a song about the city, called “Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen.”
I moved away from here as a young woman as I needed to explore more, and felt that place was too small for me back then. As you might know, I lived in London for 11 years but returned with my family almost a decade ago.
I never used to see what the fuss was all about, but I have since changed my mind entirely, and simply love everything this little city has to offer, and there is a lot.
Copenhagen has it all. Cool design shops, yummy restaurants, funky bars, beaches close by, forests, beautiful scenery, fantastic music scene, museums to die for – I could go on.
But because almost every single one of us has a phone attached to our hands for most of the day, and many of us seem to look through a camera lens more than the actual reality, I have compiled a list of the most INSTAGRAM Friendly places in Copenhagen.
These places pop up on many cool Instagrammers feeds, and they’ll be perfect for you too should you visit Copenhagen.
MY TIPS AND ADVICE WHEN YOU ARE TAKING INSTAGRAM PICTURES
- Come early if you want to place to yourself.
- Use your eyes before the lens – meaning have a look around and compose the picture where it looks best.
- Use the grid feature so you can follow the lines and get a symmetric image.
- Sometimes it is good to hang around a bit to get the best shot.
- Use only natural light – flash simply takes the life out of the photo.
- Try to play with different angles. You might get a completely different picture from above. Or below.
- When editing, keep it simple and try to use the same type of editing so you can get a coherent Instagrid.
- If you are using filters, make sure to use the same ones.
- HAVE FUN WITH IT – because that is really what it is all about exploring and having a laugh!!!